Replacement Windows Checklist
Measure Your Windows (tips)
- Select a style?
- Sliding window
- Casement window
- Awning window
- Special/custom shapes
- Select frames?
- Choose your glass?
- Standard insulating (double pane)
- Argon-filled insulating glass with Low-E coating
- Triple-paned glazing option
- Obscure insulating
- Tempered glass
- Choose Hardware Finish?
- Bright brass
- Satin nickel
- Add Grilles?
- Permanently bonded grilles to interior and exterior
- Grilles sealed between the glass
- Removable Grilles
Want Translations for these terms? Check out our Glossary of Terms
Checklist to Ask Contractor:
- Make sure the replacement windows they sell are strong and durable.
- Check to see they have a tight seal with excellent weather-stripping for insulation. Check out other energy saving ideas
- That the windows are good looking on the inside and out and match your homes’ style.
- Are they fit with Energy-Saving Glass?
- And Don’t Forget To Ask About the Warranty!