Request a Free Window Quote!

Ask an Accountant

Ask Your Accountant, Attorney or Financial Advisor...

Q: How will improving my home affect my taxes?

A: You can receive up to a $500 tax credit when you make tax credit-approved energy-efficient improvements to your home such as:

  • Replacement Windows, Doors and Skylights
  • Insulation
  • Furnaces and Boilers
  • Central Air Conditioning Units
  • Water Heaters

Find out more about saving energy and money – Here’s advice...

Q: Are There Any Benefits to Buying a Fixer-Upper?

A: The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Program Offers Buyers a new type of loan called a Streamlined K or “limited repair” loan gives buyers of fixer-uppers an incentive. This program allows you to spend a maximum of $35,000 on the following repairs and you can roll it into your mortgage:

  • exterior/interior painting
  • windows and doors
  • roof
  • gutters and downspouts
  • flooring
  • septic systems & wells
  • decks, patios and porches
  • heating and air conditioning systems
  • plumbing and electrical systems
  • Weatherizing your home including insulating, weather-stripping, storm windows and doors.
  • Buy new appliances including washing machines and dryers and microwave ovens.
  • Handicap Accessibility improvements
  • Lead Paint Abatement or paint stabilization
  • Basement remodeling or finishing that doesn’t involve structural changes or basement waterproofing
  • Re-siding

Consult your accountant, attorney or financial advisor for more info. Visit to learn more. BBB Business Review